• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mk4D RUSSIA EARLY 1942

Brokeneagle

Master at Arms
HELLO EVERYONE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.
I can't access the new site from work (lunchtime)which makes it very hard to post now, as I do not get much time at home. I hope I can get a better result in 2010 and not have to work so many hours.
This is my first official post at the new site, so I hope you enjoy. I did this one a few years back to finally build my old Tamiya mk4D and experiment with some mud effects. Some of you will have seen this one elsewhere so I apologise in advance.
Note- thumbs cab be picked by clicking to the right of the picture. They don't work for me unless I do this but I am on a laptop so maybe that is why?
22aug04.jpg
IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg
IMG_2541.jpg
IMG_1325.jpg
IMG_1330.jpg

Hiya Barry :)

I just love seeing your older builds :notworthy (y) :notworthy . And this is no exception. The wet mud is great. And I also like seeing what can be done with the older kits. If someone has decent painting skills (or super good like you) you don't necessarily need any of the Dragon super kits to make a nice model.Althugh it doesn't hurt :pp

Gary B)

Hi Ian. I like this one, the mud looks really good. that's the same effect that I want to get for my no name dio. Very nice. B)
Adam

even such an old kit can look great in the hands of a master! i love the dark and desperate atmosphere of your dioramas ian!

splendid work!

Hi Ian,

Happy New Year, mate!

Awesome work, I love your wet work on this one. What did you use for the mud and puddles?

Would love to see this one sometime.

Rudi (y)

Thank you Adam, James, Stug & Laura(love the new Avitar).
It was fun to fiddle with an older kit for a change.

Ian.

Rudi Richardson wrote:
Hi Ian,

Happy New Year, mate!

Awesome work, I love your wet work on this one. What did you use for the mud and puddles?

Would love to see this one sometime.

Rudi (y)

Thanks Rudi,
The wet mud etc was all done with artists oils that were final coated with a Tamiya gloss coat, applied with a brush.I used the umbers for the darks and ochres for the lighter stuff.
This one was sold to a european collector in 2007 so I will not be able to show it to you. :( sorry.

Hi Ian,

I can spot your style anywhere!! Love the diorama and you have that style that is so uniquely your own!

Superlatives as usual!

Bob

I really like that you used the old Tamiya Pz IV. I have an old Nichimo Panther G that I want to do up, for old times sake. I always love seeing the older kits built to wonderful standard like your Pz IV there.

David

How did this one pop-up?
:) Thanks Coops - you must have searched for this one?

Bob- thanks again. You know i appreciate that you always leave a encouraging post. B)I am glad I still have my own look.....let me know if I loose it though :eek:hmy: !
David, thank you, the old kits are still fun and the panzer 4 was actually pretty good kit with some new wheels, a bit of scratch work and a lick of paint.

Ian.

Back