• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mig's Black & White

iambrb

OK I read this more than once to get it, it sounds neat, but I would like to see it done to understand it....have y'all tried this???

http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/paint/mig/paint_mig_7128.shtml

So I haven't tried this technique myself, but I believe the basic premise is that you paint areas in shadow using black and then highlighted areas are painted in white. After that you laydown your actual top color. The black and white base coat provides the variation in your top coat. Very much like the standard pre-shading technique. Bill has a video linked in his Hanomag thread of someone painting a tiger using this method. Here the link, video is on page 3 post #26...

Bill's Hanomag

As far as I can tell Mig Jimenez is giving you everything you need to attempt this technique in one a one stop shop. Like most of his weathering products it takes a lot of the guess work out of it, which I really appreciate.

And for what its worth, I just placed an order with the Ammo of MIG store and I can't say enough good things about the service I received. My package arrived from Europe within a week, and I had a hand written note thanking me for my purchase plus a couple of free items as a thanks you for ordering from them.

HTH
Mike

I nearly bought their colors-for-weapons kit from a vendor at the Chicago show over the weekend, but Andy convinced me to just mix the vallejo colors I already have. It's amazing how many color kits they have for specific purposes. The options available today make my head spin.

OK, so once you know the technique, who cares what brand of paint you use? While I have never used white I have used black in the shadow areas but found it hard to get the result I wanted and it added yet another step to the process and have since gone back to just using a shadow wash in what would be shadow areas.

I can get the marketing of this, nice simple package and instructions. They have to make money. But I'm with you Gary, I guess I have too heavy of a hand to do a proper preshade job.

Back