• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MERKAVA MK1 HYBRID

Merkava construction complete. On to the finishing touches.

DSC00285.JPG
DSC00286.JPG
DSC00287.JPG
DSC00288.JPG
DSC00289.JPG
DSC00290.JPG
DSC00291.JPG

Our Joe built a Merkava. He had a lot of trials with the anti-skid coatings on his. Yours seem much less random than Joe's do. Was the Commander's hatch open most of the time then? I notice it has anti-skid stuff on the inside as well?
Nifty Build, Terry!!

Our Joe built a Merkava. He had a lot of trials with the anti-skid coatings on his. Yours seem much less random than Joe's do. Was the Commander's hatch open most of the time then? I notice it has anti-skid stuff on the inside as well?
Nifty Build, Terry!!
Well I think anti skid stuff on the real thing is pretty random (all over everything). I added more definition so you could see hull edges.

What an awesome looking tank!

Terry, any idea what the little balls and chains on the underside of the back of the turret do??

Well I think anti skid stuff on the real thing is pretty random (all over everything). I added more definition so you could see hull edges.
I like your non-skid effect very much! I've never seen the Merkava in person, so I really have no opinion. Your tanks are always cool!

What an awesome looking tank!

Terry, any idea what the little balls and chains on the underside of the back of the turret do??
They were countermeasures for RPGs and the like...the warhead would hit the balls and set them off prior to entering the turret in it's vulnerable spots.

Back