• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Marder III progress.

I can understand your frustration. However, if you want to keep the Marder grey, then one idea is to take a paper towel, soak it in the thinner and wipe away mos of the Buff, leaving just enough around the rivets and in the joints. Take all the rest off the main, smooth surfaces and gun barrel. This will make it look like dust and dirt got into the recesses of this thing. Then weather as usual and you might just have a more magnificent finish than you expected.

Looking forward to seeing more.

I can understand your frustration. However, if you want to keep the Marder grey, then one idea is to take a paper towel, soak it in the thinner and wipe away mos of the Buff, leaving just enough around the rivets and in the joints. Take all the rest off the main, smooth surfaces and gun barrel. This will make it look like dust and dirt got into the recesses of this thing. Then weather as usual and you might just have a more magnificent finish than you expected.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks for that tip Mark. :good: I will give that a try,and see how much I can remove.

Earlier today,I was able to start scrubbing off the sand color.

marder9_zps0awswa6s.jpg

marder9_zps0awswa6s.jpg

I agree Chad, that looks far, far better. As mentioned by Bob, now come back with the airbrush When it's fixed and feather everything together. You'll have an amazing finish.

Back