• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Marder III progress.

The Zod

I am thinking a DAK vehicle.
Marder1_zpslvguenl5.jpg

Marder2_zps3fr1wuhi.jpg

Got that right Bob.

Hopefully,the circle template I got will work for these road wheels. :idonno

Sorry to be away from this for almost a month, Been one thing or another, :bang head I am going to put on some more wax later today. Then,a few days from now,add the DAK sand color.

marder5_zpswujco3bb.jpg

marder6_zps7kxn3kwx.jpg

Thanks everyone. I even have some pin stripe tape that will hopefully help with the road wheels. :rotf

Marder III turned out bad.

This is where I am at. My airbrush decided to go bad on me. Therefore,I could not spray the sand color on. In this case,Tamiya buff. :bang head So I brush it on. Within one hour,I dip a brush in Tamiya thinner,and start to take some of the buff off. Lesson learned? Never try this with paint brushed on.

marder7_zpsmouvoktt.jpg

marder8_zpsd8cpf7an.jpg

I am not happy with how this turned out at all. I am either going to get another Marder,and start over,or build something different for this campaign.

This is a StuG III I built. I airbrushed the white on. Then took some off it off. It seems if you brush the paint on vs airbrush,the brushed on paint is too thick.

14st3_zps0692853d.jpg

Back