• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M4A3E2 JUMBO A PAINTING SBS

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
I started this Tamiya Jumbo while doing painting demonstrations for my club. I decided to go ahead finish it. I started by painting the whole thing flat black and then over spraying that with olive drab. I did some shading with lighter shade of OD and then did an overall oil wash of olive green.

DSC09403.JPG

DSC09404.JPG

Oil wash.

DSC09406.JPG

I moved on to the next step. On the turret using the same color that I used for the shading I highlighted certain raised details with a brush.

DSC09407.JPG

Next I applied another oil wash of olive green and raw umber. You can see how the wash tones down the brightness of the highlighted areas.

DSC09408.JPG

Here's how it looks when dry.

DSC09409.JPG

Next I go on to use the out of favor drybrushing to bring more details.

DSC09410.JPG

DSC09411.JPG

DSC09412.JPG

I Did the same treatment to the upper hull as the turret. Once the lower hull is done I will apply a coat of future.

DSC09440.JPG

DSC09441.JPG

DSC09442.JPG

DSC09443.JPG

Thanks for looking in and questions and comments are always welcome.

Terry

Out of favor dry brushing? Didn't know that was the case.

The results speak highly of your techniques. (y) (y)

Out of favor dry brushing? Didn't know that was the case.

The results speak highly of your techniques. (y) (y)

Well let's say it's not promoted as much as all the pigments, modulating, chipping, rusting, and muddying of everything.

Thanks!

B)

Back