• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Looking for some helpI

dollar19

I recently bought this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us, and I'm looking for advise on how best to replicate the no skid on the hull and turret.

I'm also exploring the possibility of using AM tracks. I seem to remember someone here that made some. Am I right?

I'm open to all suggestions. I'm just trying to get a feel for what's out there for this kit. I have been researching a lot of sites on this tank and the kit itself. But I trust you guys to get me the best of the best.

TIA
Greg

Dollar,
It's a little too modern for me, but I remember someone saying something
about using MR. Surfacer (another said fine sand). Check some of the other
sites, I'm sure someone has done a review, and or a build of it.
Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Shawn

Shawn has a good idea. Krylon paints also sells a texture spray (terra cotta?) which produces a fine anti-skid texture.

For the aftermarket tracks, before Friul released theirs, Hard Corps Models has some made using 3D printing. These are the best simply because they come fully assembled but are VERY expensive (3 times the Friul price).

Regards,

dollar19 wrote:
I recently bought this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us, and I'm looking for advise on how best to replicate the no skid on the hull and turret.

I'm also exploring the possibility of using AM tracks. I seem to remember someone here that made some. Am I right?

I'm open to all suggestions. I'm just trying to get a feel for what's out there for this kit. I have been researching a lot of sites on this tank and the kit itself. But I trust you guys to get me the best of the best.

TIA
Greg

Hi there.

Don't forget to mask where the anti-slip doesn't go.

Rustoleum makes a spray paint that is ideal for anti-slip surfaces.

Another thing you can use is Chinchilla sand (available from pet stores)that is ultra fine almost like dust. If you use a water soluble glue for the Chinchilla sand it has the big advantage of easy removal if you don't like how it turns out. You get a big container of Chinchilla sand for about $7.00 Canadian. It's what I'm going to use on my three Merkavas.

Cheers from Peter

Hi guys. Thanks for your responses. I've run across the sand and Mr Surfacer and Rustoleum anti slip solutions in my research. One guy even recommended Cinnamon.

While Moon Puppy still chides me for weathering an Abrams with soy sauce, Hell I might try it. As an experiment of course. :laugh:

I really do plan to line up my ducks before tackling this beasty. I want to make this a top shelf build so I'm going to go slow and deliberate.

Back