• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Well that helps CCleaner do it's job. Like I said, I am not able to recreate the problem as I was before. I'm about to hit the door out of work. Let me know if you have log on issue from here, may have to send out some high school geeks to check your system out for you. :mpup

I build my systems from scractch, amd 6000 ,4 gig mem, 2 dvd and 4 hard drives that are removable with xp, vista win 7 1 data disk and a usb disk. Next will be a blue ray when windows supports it and a lazer jet and ink jet printer. This program just killing me, Im thinking it might be a register problem. funny thing I cant find the uninstall program unlnless it is under a different name, mabe a freash install will solve the problem. so I do have some experience with pcs. this is just pussling

MOONIE,

I'm having Log-In problems. It's acting the same way as before. I used the shortcut you posted a few days ago & made it My Bookmark. Since the last crash I'm back to the same problem.

I'm using a MAC w/ OS X & I use Firefox. Not sure if that makes a difference ??

Also one other note. Are you aware that if I Google TanksandThings.com i really can't find this site on the page. It certainly doesn't come up as the first thing.

Here's the link - http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&source=hp&q=TanksandThings.com&btnG=Google+Search

I'm not sure if you are aware of that. I would think that the Website would come up 1st.:idonno

ERIK

Erik, I don't know what else to tell ya. I was able to recreate the problem before I applied the solution I got this afternoon. After applying the fix, I can not recreate the problem.

The only thing I know to tell ya is to log off the site. Make sure you are logged off by checking both the main site and the forum. then run CCleaner with all options enabled. That will clear out history, saved passwords, cookies, tempfiles all sorts of things that need to be cleaned from time to time. To do anything less is taking the risk that the logon will not work correctly. You can try to use Firefox to manually remove all cookies related to tanksandthings.com.

Once you have done this you should be able to log on to either the forum or the main site, because I have, I can't make it break anymore.

You Mac guys...always causing problems...:mpup

Google rank is another thing for another time. I changed some of the meta tags lately, they were restored to defaults a while back and I didn't realize it at the time. Guess it just has to work up the ranks.

MOONIE,

Please excuse My ignorance of the Computer language.:huh: Do you mean for me to clean out th Catche ? I'll go do that now & let you know.

Us MAC'rs aren't so Bad. We're just vastly superior & Light Years ahead of Windows :huh: :cheer: :laugh: ;) :D & We build German Armor ! :evil: :D

ERIK

I build my systems from scractch, amd 6000 ,4 gig mem, 2 dvd and 4 hard drives that are removable with xp, vista win 7 1 data disk and a usb disk. Next will be a blue ray when windows supports it and a lazer jet and ink jet printer. This program just killing me, Im thinking it might be a register problem. funny thing I cant find the uninstall program unlnless it is under a different name, mabe a freash install will solve the problem. so I do have some experience with pcs. this is just pussling

What program?? CCleaner? you getting it from www.piriform.com ?

If you're talking about our tanksandthings.com there are no registry keys pushed or needed to get to this site. I don't know what Laserjets or Inkjets have to do with this issue. But take the Laserjet, in the long run they are cheaper to maintain.

Truth be know, I've seen some setups that are just overkill for what folks need. Maybe you need just a good clean install with one system disk with OS and whatever apps you like to have to hit the internet and do your fancy hardware config on another system. I use to play the multiboot systems and was always tinkering with them to make them do what I wanted it to do. It was fun for a while but got nerve rackin' and I shut it down. It sits on a shelf in the garage now. It has 5 generations of Intel CPU stickers on it.

you talk about fresh install. Well that may be an answer. Sometimes you can save an install by wiping out user profile, almost as good as reinstall. I've been running this current laptop for about 5 years now without having to reinstall anything. Just run cleanup utilities from time to time and avoid questionable websites as much as I can to keep the malware off.

I feel your pain and clearly we had a problem with log on but clearing out the browser cache and cookies should reset everything for you.

BTW, during the 7 years I was in business for myself, I build somewhere around 700 Custom "Brittsbytes" PCs and servers. One of my original customers came up to me the other day and said they just gave the PC I built for them to their grand daughter. That PC is maybe 10 years old. That made me feel good. But anyway...get your geek on and let's see this problem get behind us.

MOONIE,

Oh No Exalted One !:notworthy :notworthy I never doubt you when it comes to the Computer.

I just cleared the Cache from Fire Fox & that did th fix .

Rock-On !!

ERIK

Youse guys and yer computers , .......... all I know about them is that they run on fm , ......... other than that , ......... nada .

Trying to log in has gotten worse for me since I ran CCleaner. Today it took me three attempts at logging in before it was accepted. :<( At least it was third time lucky.

Peter

This morning was the first time in a while that I was able to just open the door and walk right in.

Only time will tell if it holds true.

Thanks
Tony Lee:)

Greetings and Salutations Folks

I've only just managed to get in today, by going in through Internet Explorer rather than AOL

Irritating to say the least:angry:

Simon

AOL!?
Sorry Simon, nothing I can do about AOL. I think James found that AOL rotates the IP addresses that are assigned to your session and that wrecks havoc.

Harv, an hour is not a short time. it's actually 30 minutes longer than the session time out.

Peter, if the problem is worse after you ran CCleaner, you have other issues with your computer that you need to deal with. Nothing I can do. I can offer professional advice in private if you give me specific error messages that you are getting. I'll need full screen shots of your desktop if you need me to help.

If our Logon Remembers you, and allows you to go from the forum and the front page while remaining logged in, we're fixed.

So far it has been working today computer off for 5 hours ank restarted an log in without doing any thing
we will see tomorrow (y)
jim

Login problems again

I just loaded Firefox, I could not log in in Explorer (Vista) kept getting an error about enableing cookies. I have not changed any setting in Expolrer, so I will stay with Firefoxx to see if it will stay. This is wierd all weekend log in problems lets hope this works
Jim

Re: Login problems again

If you get an error about enabling cookies, enable the cookies.

No need for any new threads on this Peter. The problems are solved as far as I can see.

Back