• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Li-2 1/200 DONE (03.03)

Li-2 1/200 so close to finish

Some progress for today :)

Base Green mix
IMG_56741.JPG

Green Tiger (LAGG-3) at the right, Li-2 and the Il-2 at background
IMG_56751.JPG

I tried the wilder TAKK masking, I don't like how it stick to the surface. It is not sticky :) May be such unstickness, cause not to damage the underlaying paint.
IMG_56761.JPG

And taking off the mask... I like the result with soft edges :)
IMG_56771.JPG

But the LaGG-3 is my favorite :)

And I decided to postpone German planes a little :) It occurs difficult to build 7 planes at the same time.

Today I painted wheels, guns, exhaust pipes and some other things :) Photos will be tomorrow.
So I need to apply decals, put some washes and the layer of semi-gloss clear to protect the decals :v

Stay tuned :) :drinks :dance

Re: Li-2 1/200 so close to finish

Pretty fancy paint squirtin' there, Roman! (y) :drinks

Li-2 1/200 so close to finish part II

My Li-2 is almost done. I want to use some smoke clear on it...

decals and satin cote is on
IMG_56781.JPG

IMG_56791.JPG

I didn't find proper white numbers... Here is red numbers :)
IMG_56801.JPG

I call this bird done! :) This was a fun build :geek
Enjoy the photos
IMG_56811.JPG

IMG_56831.JPG

IMG_56851.JPG

IMG_56861.JPG

IMG_56871.JPG

And soviet game aviation common photo
IMG_56881.JPG

Re: Li-2 1/200 so close to finish

Oh man, I was thumbsuping the update from last night. You got it finished! Way to go Roman, think you qualify for the fastest finish of any campaign!

We don't have a March Micro Madness campaign ribbon, I'll have to chuck a speer at our graphics guy to wake him up...:rotf

Thanks for watching and commenting guys! :drinks I really appreciate the support from the community :)
I plan to build some more micro models this month, after I'll finish the German aviation :)

So, stay tuned :ro:

Back