• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

LF Vampire refs

jknaus

Administrator
Anyone know of a really good ref for De Havilland Vampires? Something with cockpit info and drawings etc? And if so maybe where I could get it? Thanks in advance.
James

Although on DVD, I can't recommend the Twilight series but instead check out HBO's True Blood.

Regards,

Although on DVD, I can't recommend the Twilight series but instead check out HBO's True Blood.

Regards,

Hmm looked them up and I'm sure Bram is turning in his grave. Unfortunately I'm looking for the De Havilland Vampires from across the pond :hmmm :rotf
Thanks Saul. Will investigate the front page. I was looking for a good book so I can see what the F5 looks like and then figure a conversion to F3. Also need good cockpit info. I'll probably need good landing gear info etc also. Not having much luck. Found one book on ebay, but I'm kind of shy about the guys stats. Not sterling for sure.
James

I have a bunch in my library so give me a day to dig them out. Most are out of print though.

I have quite a few from this Amazon Search and this is the most recommended of what is available:

Of the above search I have (in order of recommendation) the Warpaint book, David Watkins book, Birtles book, Richard Ward books, and the Pilot's notes. I don't have, but which I did, the Aviolibri book.

Regards,

I forgot to mention to click on the book to see the Amazon Search Results.

Regards,

I'm watching the Warpaint book on ebay. Will take the plunge I guess. I thought I had it, but I cant find it.
Thanks a bunch Saul.
James

Back