• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Leaf Peeping on the Blue Ridge

Tojo72

We took a ride up to the BRP, absolutely perfect day for a ride.These shots are from a spot called the Devils Court House, a fairly short hike to the summit offers a panoramic view of the valley below.5720 ft elevation.We feel blessed to live near such beauty.

Brevard area is great this time of year, even better if you're already up in there. Getting there this time of year is nuts for all the leaf watchers!! Have you seen any white squirrels yet?

Bob

Here is one that lives in our local churchyard.
WS3.jpg

No, have not seen any of them around yet,still hoping to see a bear someday,(when I'm driving,that is).
One of my friends in town has seen a bobcat on his property also.

Bob

Here is one that lives in our local churchyard.View attachment 142827
Paddy that's an albino squirrel. A white squirrel is a variant of the eastern grey squirrel

We have several colonies of white squirrels in the south. I remember as a child having a couple at least in our back yard. Last one I saw was maybe 6-7 years ago. Think I got a picture of it somewhere. I think the colony that is/was in Greenwood maybe about gone.

Brevard NC is famous for them but I think our colony is older. I can remember reading old news articles that predate the Brevard claims.

And oh...
squirrel-huh.gif

I knew I had a photo of it. From 2017
1635509270550.png

you can barely make out a grey squirrel at the tree trunk. Not a very good photo, best I could do at the time.

Back