• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

LAV-25R Recovery Vehicle

Frank

I started gluing this on together after I got the Stryker together.
Paint will be applied Wednesday.
20211224_132914.jpg
20211224_155628.jpg
20211224_155659.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

I laid down the Camo pattern today.
First up - the Woodland Brown.
20220109_134049.jpg

Second - the NATO Black.
20220109_151320.jpg

Paul was correct on how fine the Soltar 20/20 will lay down paint. It only took a couple over hours to figure out the correct paint to thinner ratio.
Then, practice, more practice and more practice.
20220109_152922.jpg

Thank you for looking in.

Looking nice. I've got a soft spot for recovery vehicles. I've got a couple to get to someday.

Nice work with your Sotar. I also have one and it is a joy to use for those small jobs. Sensational work on that pattern as well; I have yet to do that well freehand... even with my Sotar

Looking at your fine lines, you may want to back off on the PSI and reduce the distance between the surface and the needle. That should tighten up the "jaggies" along the edges of your spray lines. HTH.

Looking at your fine lines, you may want to back off on the PSI and reduce the distance between the surface and the needle. That should tighten up the "jaggies" along the edges of your spray lines. HTH.
I will do that.
More practice is necessary.
Thank you for the tip.

Back