• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Late Tiger

Still lots to go on it MP, all the track links, tools, cables, chips, scratches, weathering all that. I'd say that you're not going in the wrong direction if you ask me (y)

guess the Vallejo wash had to soak in a bit. Lot less green that when I left it last night.

h9c8bbf0.JPG

h49e9fa4.JPG

h6894501.JPG

Right direction, wrong? :idonno
Very atractive MP :popcorn

What's not to like? Chip some edges, add some wash to the panel lines and you're cruisin'. (y)

Well I was kinda worried there today. I put on a Glossy seal coat of Testors Lacquer, you know the square bottle. Then Migs Dark Wash. When I checked it this morning the wash acted like it didn't want to come off, I was scared I screwed up using enamel on top of the lacquer. After consulting with some of you guys I was even more convinced I screwed up...but it came up with a dry brush of enamel thinner. I pressed forward and did some more washing with the dark wash, think it's going to be ok. Now...on to the tracks. :soldier

Here's where the Tiger sits. I put a gloss coat of Testors Lacquer on and then Migs Dark wash. Friends and Neighbors, don't do that! Some of the enamel dark wash penetrated the lacquer seal coat, I can only guess that it was not fully cured for one thing, and the solvent base enamel against the solvent based lacquer was never meant to be together. Most of the other surfaces did ok, but under the sponson (sp) the wash would not remove, thnk that's ok because it's going to be dirty up under there anyways.

h25b7498.JPG

h1a8ba8c.JPG

h7f82d9d.JPG

h731ad78.JPG

hf39b71f.JPG

So whacha think, keeper or not?

Back