• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"Lane's Last Ride"

RW3

This is a recent piece which is based on Championship Bull Rider Lane Frost's final ride at the Cheyenne Frontier Days in Cheyenne, WY on 30 July 1989. Shortly after completing the 8 second ride and dismounting, the bull, Taking Care of Business, turned on him and Lane died from the resulting injury. It's a 54MM original piece. Apoxie Sculpt and Kneaditite were used for all sculpting. Painted with Vallejo's. Thanks for looking!

h61a285f.jpg

hbd18bb7.jpg

h5fc192a.jpg

h46b8e48.jpg

h303f6c2.jpg

h2d5ec08.jpg

Very cool! The shirt is extra good! (y)

Remember to hit the insert button so your pictures show. :good:

Yes, Bob! Saw this at the Nooga Nats. I remember it won something as well. Have slept since then so I don't remember quite what it won.

Thanks for posting the work in progress photos!

I enjoy seeing the process of your figure builds. Sometimes just the finished figure is posted, like the process involved is a secret. That frustrates me. I might pick up one of your tricks for my own silly builds!
Thanks! Good work!
:drinks (y) :dude :ro:

Thanks! I was honored with "Best Figure" at the Nats.

Best "anything" at the Nats is not an easy thing to do! I saw it and was impressed with the painting. I didn't know you sculpted it as well!

Congratulations!!! You deserved that Best Figure award!

Bob

Back