• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Korean Mig-15

mlp

I just managed to finish a small project, the new Airfix Mig-15. A very nice and easy kit.

dscf0095_1.jpg

dscf0088_1.jpg

dscf0083_1.jpg

dscf0080_1.jpg

dscf0109_1.jpg

dscf0103_1.jpg

dscf0106_1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

It looks like a simple build. Obviously you had fun and the markings are striking.

Regards,

nice rendition of the airframe that changed history.
What scale is it ..... I have done several mig - 15's over the years some were simple builds and otheres had incredible details. This one looks like it falls somewhere in the middle.

Thanks a lot gents :)

to the first question about the scale it's the 1/72 Airfix new tooling kit.A real nice little kit wich almost falls together.

the painting was just an hour masking with blue tack or in my case yellow tack

dscf0017_1.jpg

and in the end some washing and filtering - that was it - well ok, the sand tone was sprayed in different layers to have some different shades of sand.

For the flying thingies guys this is a well made little kit to practice all the weathering techniques as the Mig-15 got very dirty in a lot of nice camos

Thanks a lot :)

it's 1/72 and you get 3 decaling options (Russian AF, Rumanian AF and North Korea) and you get the bigger fuels tanks. The new tooling from Airix is done very good. Only some ejector pin marks are a little misplaced I'd say. Probly the best Mig-15 bis in 1/72 at least what I know.

Back