• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Kinetic Sea Harrier FA2

paddy

I didnt do a build blog on this as its another Harrier and i have done a few and dont want to bore you to death with them (i have a couple more to do ) :cool: .
This kinetic offering is a different kettle of fish to the T4 i recently completed.
Despite the T4 being a 2 seat series 1 harrier and this a single seat series 1 harrier they are quite different kits and while the wing fit was excellent on the T4, this one needed a bit of work and a little filler, nothing too bad but it doesnt fall together like the T4. the wing joins are different so different moulds.

The sea Harriers were designed to be used on the three small RN fleet carriers, HNS Invincible, HMS Illustrious and HMS Ark Royal. they differed from RAF Harriers because they were primarily fighters ( not ground attack) so had different radar avionics ,they had steerable nose wheels for the flight deck, tie down shackle points and crucially they were corrosion resistant as subjected to sea water. Some FA2 Harriers were converted FRS1 Harriers (Falkland types) some were new build. this one is the last new build from 1998. Primarily designed with new Radar to carry the Amraam as std kit it was more powerful than the FRS1 but still a series 1 like a AV8a.

_DSC6363.JPG

_DSC6360.JPG

_DSC6365.JPG

_DSC6362.JPG

_DSC6367.JPG
_DSC6376.JPG
_DSC6377.JPG

@paddy, never bored to death. Also, posting it means someone with an interest in this particular variant doesn't have to hunt the others. Last, it is like stating I would be bored to death seeing a Mustang being built! Never! :D

If possible, link to the others (perhaps in your signature?) so similar builds can be seen. :vgood:

OK i have created a Harrier page here

Anyone can add so all the Harrier builds are in one place.

Back