• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

John's Tamiya F4D-1

Stayed up, finished this one (well, sort of, a few touch ups to do) at 2245 hours tonight. Flat coat still drying while photos were done. More pictures later. The fuel tank decals were another adventure in modeling.

0141f4d.jpg

0151f4d.jpg

Here's some more pictures after a few touch-ups. Well, a quite a few as my new monitor has 3840 x 2160 resolution and nothing escapes its evil eye. I did finally have a few issues with fit. There is a peg on the inside top of each main gear leg that is supposed to fit in a groove in the gear well, but the groove was too shallow to let the leg settle all the way into the socket for the square on the top of the leg. I just clipped off the peg, but next time I will deepen the groove as the peg helps with the wheel alignment by keeping the strut square with the airframe.

0161f4d.jpg

0171f4d.jpg

0181f4d.jpg

0191f4d.jpg

0201f4d.jpg

0211f4d.jpg

0221f4d.jpg

0231f4d.jpg

Back