• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Japanese Type 94 Armoured Car (Late)

Greetings and Salutations One and All

As I'm about to make my first foray into Japanese Armour - with Fine Molds exquisite little Type 94 Armoured Car - I was wondering if anyone out there could give me a steer to any good websites about these, and other, Japanese vehicles.

Many thanks

Simon

Simon are you sure about the type 94 armored car , there is a type 92 armored car Sumida and a type 94 tankette .

Cheyenne wrote:
Simon are you sure about the type 94 armored car , there is a type 92 armored car Sumida and a type 94 tankette .

Some refer to the Type 94 as a Tankette - God knows it qualifies - but both Fine Molds, and my club's expert on Japanese AFVs say that the Type 94 is an Armoured Car.

And the few references I can find on the vehicle do seem to back this up.

Simon

Hiya Simon ,

If you PM me your email I will send you all the piccis I have of the Type 94 , The Australian War Museum in Canberra has one on the inventory but it must be at the storage facility seperate to the museum . I am trying to get permission to go there and do some walkarounds of the vehicles stored there . I have one color photo of it and it could be the vehicle that Fine Molds used .

All the piccis I have are from the museum database . They refer to it as a Tankette too .

Jenny :kiss: :)

I'm sure it is a language translation issue. In Spanish, we refer to light tanks as Carros de Combate (Combat Cars) under the umbrella of Blindados (Shielded - a synonym to Armored) although now Tanques (Tanks) is being used.

Regards,

Back