• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

James O'Leary's Charlie Don't Surf Redux entries

Well done and superbly executed 'gore.' Note, I don't consider it gore but a reality of war.

Regards,

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Saul, I wanted to show that grim reality of war, but tried to do it in a manner that wasn't overly gorey, but was still
realistic. From the height and angle that a person would view this vignette at a show, and with the way I positioned the
dead VC, the viewer would not immediately see the pool of blood and perhaps not even the exit wounds. I've had several
discussions with various figure modelers about the handling of such things and many of them suggested that when a
casualty is shown, it is in bad taste to show any blood. But as you and I well know, there is going to be blood as war
is a hellish experience especially for those who actually do any of the fighting. I did not want to deminish this aspect
by not showing some of the true effects of close combat. I feel that I executed the handling of the blood in a tasteful
manner. Based on your comment, it must have worked.

With all of the new releases of Vietnam models in 2012, I wish I were not heading overseas this year. At least I'll have
something to look forward to on the modeling side for when I come back.

Cheers,
James

Back