• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Italieri 155mm Howitzer

SA Dave

I just got to get this one started
DSCF5649.jpg

Hi SA Dave,(SA=South Africa I guess ?)

I builded much Italeri myself, so I know it is not always the easiest brand.
Very curious what you can make of it, Im watching, lots of succes mate !!

Willem

Thanks guys.

Yes SA stands for South Africa Willem, There is so many Daves on forums that I figure its easier for the guys to recognise the madman :blush:

This kit is reminding me how much I want to learn Italian
a) maybe Italeri instructions make more sense if you can think in Italian
b) it gives you extra swear words to use before you repeat yourself :vmad

Thanks guys your comments keep me going.

Found some typical Italieri moments. Anybody that wants to build this one really has to study the plans and see that they have callouts that need to be made in difrent order :bang head :bang head :bang head Gimme a shoutout if you want to do this one and I will give you some warnings. Of course it beeing Italieri they have some extremely stupid ejector pins also :vmad :vmad :vmad

So this is where I am at
gun2.jpg

gun1.jpg

I will say this there is some very good detail on this kit and its HUGE almost 210mm long
All comments and ragging welcome :geek

Looking good! (y) that's a big gun!!
And dealing with Italeri kits is not the easiest, i send you some well needed :zen :zen :zen
Are the tires glued on? i just think it looks strange with the pattern going two different ways?

I'm sure i will let you know when i start mine, then you can advise me how to avoid the usual :bang head

Keep those pics coming!
//Mats

Thanks guys

Nope not glued in yet, I just quickly put them in for pictures Mats and I need all the Zen I can get or more swear words!

My girlfriend she knows when it's not going good when i build, because then i start using Swedish words that she don't understand :)
//Mats

My girlfriend she knows when it's not going good when i build, because then i start using Swedish words that she don't understand :)
//Mats

I sympathize entirely I use English ones that my Wife hasnt heard before

:yipee

Dave I like the gun mate its looking good

Dived into the stash to find my gun, just to find that it was the 105mm gun i had..
//Mats

Gimme a shoutout if you want to do this one and I will give you some warnings.

Dave, this is something you should do anyway as it helps modelers avoid the traps. Sort of like reading as many reviews before buying a kit.

Looks huge by the way.

Regards,

Back