• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Italian Armored Car 1ZM-Copper State Models-1/35scale

errains

Heavy Metal Modeling
Staff member
Not Sure what it was about this kit but I got really excited about it when I saw Copper State Models was going to release this. I pre-ordered it back October, the first time I ever did such a thing. After that I started doing the research on this and discovered that one was gifted to the King of Afghanistan circa 1928 and I knew I wanted build that one if I could find any pictures...as luck would have it...

1ZM-00.jpg

1ZM-00a.jpg

I even came across a few picture of this very example that was found by coalition troops in Afghanistan in circa 2001/02.
1ZM-00b.jpg

1ZM-00c.jpg

The gifted armored car was rearmed with two 6.5mm SIA air cooled machine guns.
SIA6(5)MG-02.jpg

SIA6(5)MG-01.jpg

To replicate these I'll use a set of ZB vz. 37 Czech machine gun from RB Barrels, may not be an exact match but close enough.
1ZM-12.jpg

Here is a shot the kit box and a link to the "What's in the Box Review" Ii Just published.
1ZM-11.jpg

My plan is to keep this a simple project with no interior detailing and will focus on a clean build and paint with light weathering. I did crack open the sprue bags today and built up the engine. The fit is generally good and the detail is outstanding.

1ZM-09.jpg

1ZM-10..jpg

More to come soon so stay tuned.
:victory:

Amazing they found a 100 year old piece of mechanized armor in a land that's been a war zone for so long.

I'll be watching this with some anticipation, Eric! That little engine is a real beauty. Great subject for the build, too!

Man, I really love these CSM armored car kits!

I hope your Muse finds your Mojo and they both make their way back to you soon! I can sympathize, though.

Sometimes no matter how many cookie crumbs I leave out for 'em, the modeling fairies just refuse to visit my workroom and do anything productive... Sooner or later, though, they always seem to get back to it. Hopefully yours are only taking a short break!

Back