• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Italery stug IV resurrection

:facepalm Wow , it got better in every picture . Really brought out all the details (y)

Excellent work . Cheers, Christian B)

Hi to all and thanks! I have being working on the stug and the trailer. The stug is finished, I also finished the paint work on the trailer and it only needs the tools, loading ramps and the tarp for the rear boogie and it’s done. The famo still need some details but it is almost there. the famo and trailer were started about a year earlier (2006) but it went on hold to finish the tiger with crane diorama, by that time I haven’t begun to photograph my work so that’s why there are no photos of its build.

Starting where I left last time, I used academy panzer IV link by link tracks, found it to be nicely detailed and only needed to clean two injector pin in each link, they look nice once painted and installed. I did the tracks in 4 sections because it is easier for me to paint it out of the vehicle.

Academy tracks
yCbjgMQ.jpg

ZD230U8.jpg

WYVlKLl.jpg

Z5jjbjm.jpg

Here is the track installed on the stug, only one side as the other was side was hit on the track.
2GEh726.jpg

G09vfVq.jpg

fCP1UJz.jpg

Here are two photos of the famo in progress…
LbXok2t.jpg

JyPwGr6.jpg

Here is the trailer platform in paint and weathering stages
Art3snq.jpg

VuBKrQQ.jpg

WEoLwi6.jpg

I ended up painting the red and white stripes on the sides of both boogies as I didn’t liked the decals, because of the irregular surface, it was easier to paint it than struggle with the kit decals.
xzQQiTG.jpg

I took some pictures of the stug, the trailer and the stug on the trailer.

xzQQiTG.jpg

4Rpq9ev.jpg

Pbf9gey.jpg

sAeQm6M.jpg

FFRleHY.jpg

HeSNAic.jpg

OTk1jjE.jpg

hke4zoC.jpg

hzh4Zf9.jpg

qIngpHx.jpg

4YTu82d.jpg

egzZrzD.jpg

YBtLCjv.jpg

6kToY6u.jpg

N7tWNSB.jpg

VuRGvCZ.jpg

vpL78uV.jpg

Now to finish the famo last details and start on the figures and base. Thanks for watching
More soon.

Back