• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Italeri Acrylic Set

Nice look in the bottle Hubert. Wonder if primer would make a difference in how well the paint sticks?

I am not sure where I read this but it seems as if it is the same formula as Vallejo Model Color. I would say it does need to be thinned quite a bit more. I have tried Model Color on Vallejo and to me it seems to be just as effective as Tamiya X-20A, Vallejo's proprietary thinner and in some cases plain ole Windex (which may be used as a retarder).

I would think that some primer is in order to prevent lifting. I usually use Krylon gray or Vallejo #73.601 which is an acrylic polyurethane. As with most of their products the thinners are designed to allow the paint to continue to bond after significant dilution.
Just a thought. :D

For airbrush i get good results in balance 1.5-2 (paint) to 3-3.5 (thinner). For classic brush very nice properties I was achieved in 1:1.5 balance. I need to tell you that they are better for brush then Agama (excluding mechanical properties). I will use them for Bf-109E, but before masking I will secure previous coating by Agama acrylic varnish - it should help :hmmm

Well, I bought a set for my RQ-7B:
ItaleriPaintModernUS1.JPG

I will see if a primer coat helps.

By the way, which colors came in each set?

Regards,

Back