• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Iraq 2003 (1/35 scale)

Tom & tanktrax, thanks.

OK let's get back to what I built.

Part IV : Making a Humvee

It was helped by my younger brother to built this incredible Humvee within one night.

The hero is coming!!!!!!!!!

Part V : Making the Black Hawk
So, this the most difficult part for this dio, the Black Hawk helicopter. Again, my wife was helping me for researches.
Thanks for the website we got this reference picture for inside the helicopter’s floor.

I used the white sticker paper, cut and attach on the layer one by one.

Chairs, inside.

Black Hawk hi-light for me is the cockpit. I didn’t have any idea to make it, also I preferred for the reference from the website again but sorry I couldn’t remember for the source. (Apologize for the picture owner.)

Because of its size is too small and difficult to paint it, so, this is my best I did.

Pilot’s chair, as what I saw in website seems like soft cover.

Very nice work Num, I like your painting style, good looking drybrushing and the IP looks fine to me. Hope you get something to camoflage those sink marks on the pilot and copilot seats, maybe some seat belts?

Looks like some aftermarket stuff on the top of the chopper, what is all those flarings and intakes up there?

Num,
As I told April, WOW, :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy:
What a great job you did in such a short time...:notworthy :notworthy
:hmmm I just can't see how you didn't sweep up all the awards with this beast
of a Diorama.:idonno :idonno
Great job.
Shawn

moon puppy:
Thanks a lot for visit my forum. (Many people also said that my painting style is myself characteristic.)
What did you mean, the aftermarket here (Thailand)? Please suggest, I'm not well in English. Sorry.

Shawn,
Thanks again for your words said that for all the times you told us. I think I should insist in my dio style, that make me happy. And also if I wanna get into the national competition, I need to make in a different way. This dio make me feel stronger and I will keep doing this way.

Also thank you everyone here.

Num

moon puppy:
Thanks a lot for visit my forum. (Many people also said that my painting style is myself characteristic.)
What did you mean, the aftermarket here (Thailand)? Please suggest, I'm not well in English. Sorry.

Num the term "aftermarket" would be items you purchased to ad detail or modify the kit from it's original design. "Upgrade parts". I often purchase extras for the base kit such as Griffon or Lion's Roar Photoetch (PE) parts to replace the kit parts for added details.

In this photo
blackhawk_15.jpg

It looks as if you have added parts on the top of the Blackhawk. I am no Blackhawk expert by any means but these flaring and ducting look as though they are not from the kit, aftermarket.

Oh, I see, moon puppy.
The aftermarket here, there are few kits available for sales in Thailand.
Many people made by themselves. Actually, I'm also not expert with Black Hawk helicopter and also all type of air craft.

I think this one I built need more improvement.

Then you guys here can give me comments, very appreciate.

Num.

Dario, thanks for keep watching this project.

Hi, all here.
Sorry I dodn't update so long. Actually this project already completed but my wife dropped heavy stuff broken my dio...so sad...:angry: :( :S :unsure:
But I plan to fix it and make more details on it soon..then I will keep update here from times to times.

OK...let's back to what previous posts...

Part VI : Making the Palm trees
The palm trees I made simply in this dio, chopstick wrapped by floral tape all over. The technique I used is similar as the way to make the coconut tree.

Took handicraft cray cover on the top of the chopstick then made the cross lines on it.

I made palm leaves from chicken feathers, spread them out the features take water+glue mixing on it (glue which using with the decal). This part my wife was helping me to made these.

Then sprayed them, I noted that palm trees displayed underneath the Black Hawk. So, their leaves should push down from the wind force. To get better for the palm trees themselves, I made the pot (please correct me, I don’t have any idea how to call.)

Thanks Sherman 18...

Part VII : Making accessories
Acessories for this dio I made benches, drums, damage door, ashtray.
Benches bought from mini finished set, drums I mold them, damage door made from plastic sheet soften by heated, ashtray made from aluminium plate covered by real sand on top, cigarette made from a little piece cut wire.

Back