• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IPMS San Diego Model Expo 2021

Outstanding I won't be going to San Diego,but I have been to that museum,they have some nice displays there

Sorry,I was thinking of the one in Balboa Park

I am going to try to go to the show in Omaha on June 19th. Visit my brother and mom for a couple of days in Kansas City and drive up on Saturday. Will have to see what other shows are happening, and might visit a couple more this year.

Those are some nice looking vehicles Rob, thanks for sharing.

I won't be going to Omaha next weekend (June 12). Plans have changed and just can't do it even if I would like to.

I picked up this flyer at Wonderfest. Louisville IPMS September 25th, I should be able to do. Anyone else interested or in a spot to go?
IPMS Louisville.jpg

It is far enough out that I might even be able to get one of my fellow locals to go. Anyway here is the info, maybe will see some that I wouldn't see otherwise. It is doable for me at a 5 hour drive one way.

Sweet pics Rob! I missed a lot of those.

Also, congratulations on winning the Stearman ride! Way to go!

If it's okay, I have a number of pics to post as well. This will be in multiple posts due to the volume of pics I have.

I'll start with some general shots of some tables.

These were taken early in the show; I didn't get to get very many overall table shots:

full

full

Within an hour and a half, those tables were PACKED with armor! 52 entries in Armor, Fully Tracked alone!

These are the cars and trucks tables:

full

full

full

Now for a few of the individual models, starting with aircraft.

Here is most of the single engined 1/72 scale aircraft:

full

full

The green two indicates that this is a second place winner. Well deserved I think. It's a 1/48 scale MiG too, as are the following aircraft below.

full

full

full

full

full

full

This one and the next one are 1/32 scale aircraft:

full

full

This one is a 1/32 scale fully scratchbuilt Skycrane:

full

full

Now for Part Two, the Armor...

Part two....

Now for some of the armor. I helped judge the 1/35th scale armor category and man what an extremely difficult task that was! Here's some reasons why:

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Here was an interesting hypothetical tank:

full

These were about half of the 1/48 scale armor entered:

full

And for those interested, here is the 1/72 scale armor entered. I did not include pics of my own five entries here since everyone here has seen them. Some, if not all, show up in the backgrounds of some of these pics anyway...

I gotta start with this guy who made all his 1/72 scale armor models as wrecks or range targets. Wow!

full

full

full

Remember. all those three models above range from 3 inches in length to 4.5 inches!

Here's the rest:

full

He opened the back up too. Not a good shot of the interior, my bad:

full

full

full

full

full

full

On to Part Three...

Part Three, Sci Fi and Fantasy and figures...

Next up are some of the Figures, Sci-Fi and fantasy models. Of course, there are the ever present Star Wars models.

full

full

full

full

This one has lit up dashboards and cockpit displays, as well as fully operational speed brakes which lift when you move the rod in front right or left.

full

This one had operating police lights:

full

Even though this isn't a Sci-fi or fantasy, I have to include this kitbashed racing control tower modified from a 1/87 scale airport control tower:

full

Finally here are some shots of the figures entered...

full

full

full

full

full

full

She's alive!!

full

Yes, his eyes are lit up:

full

full

And finally, the ultimate "Heavy Metal" band:

full

The whole stage was lit up too.

And now on to the final Part Four, Ships and Subs (and a turret)

Part Four....

Finally, these amazing ships and subs were entered.

full

full

This is more of a diorama, but he only wanted the LST judged:

full

full

full

full

full

This one placed second:

full

And finally, someone did build the Yamato turret:

full

And there us all the pics I was able to take. Enjoy the show!

Duke, thanks for taking and posting those photos. I'm sorry that I missed seeing you at the show. BTW, I also won the Best Aircraft award with my Oeffag Albatros and took 3rd place in the 1/72 prop category with my Halifax.

Congratulations Rob and you're welcome! Well deserved awards. I'm sorry we didn't meet up either. I think mine was the only other 1/48 scale Stearman entered too.

You're welcome Paul! Yes, there were some incredible builds. I only wish I'd had time to take more pics of later entries!

You're welcome Martin! So many beautiful models were on the tables.

Back