• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Imperial Japanese Navy Battleship....YAMATO!

Viper_MP

Ok, so, someone out there who is a ship modeling purist will no doubt not appreciate this, but I thought it was funny as h*ll. A friend of mine told me about this, and I just had to get it. I've spent the last 2 years working on the super detailed Fujimi 1/500 Yamato special edition. And for the last year [at least], I get to hear about once a month at the model meetings "hey, hows the Yamato going?" So I built this, took it to the meeting, and said "there, its done. Its the Fujimi Yamato".

Well, I didn't lie. This is the Fujimi Chibi-maru IJN Yamato. Yes, Fujimi is now making egg-ships. It went together great. The only thing I did was hog out the "mickey mouse" radar and add some mesh screen. Paint is Tamiya IJN Kure Arsenal grey.

egg-mato2_zps5c11912d.jpg

egg-mato3_zps9da55d48.jpg

egg-mato4_zps57cca0d6.jpg

egg-mato5_zps52688676.jpg

egg-mato6_zps677025ac.jpg

:laugh: That's cute! I didn't know they made egg ships.

Terry (y)

Thanks Terry. Yeah, they have released 2 helicopters [Little Bird and a Hughes 300?] and just two ships, Musashi and Yamato.

Haha, I really like that. I've always really liked the egg planes, so I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for that.

Viper is an egg-cellent modeler. I can see how he Scrambled to build this Yamato in a short time. These are really tidy little kits, so it goes Over Easy to build one. There are photo-etch sets for these, for a really Sunny Side Up model. Now there are a Dozen or so of these, Including IJN CV Akagi, The Haruna class Battleships, a Yukikaze Destroyer, and IJN Mogami, as a hermaphrodite seaplane cruiser. I do like to make a Model, and make a YOKE! It isn't hard to egg-splain my fondness for these subjects. It's egg-citing! Even for a Hard Boiled ship builder, like myself!
Anyone else have a shameless egg-pun for this thread? :tomato :skipper

eggs.... eggsssssssssssss.... EGGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :frantic :frantic :frantic

I am an Egg collector and builder. OMFG I Love Egg's !

Just a little :yipee

Nice looking build and I was waiting to see when you were going to build that Carrer Ed.

eggs.... eggsssssssssssss.... EGGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :frantic :frantic :frantic

Nice looking build and I was waiting to see when you were going to build that Carrer Ed.

You like Eggs ... Bud .... :woohoo: ....... Surly You jest ........ :rotf :eek:ldguy

(y) Soon Bud... Soon :D

I have very high egg-spectations, as this egg-ceptional build Hatches! Mind your cholesterol! Egg-scuse my Egging you on, just a bit, ED!?!

Back