• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"I Will Never Leave a Fallen Comrade!" Afghanistan

JamesOLeary

Master at Arms
Hello All,
I recently was asked by my First Sergeant here at the Fort Sill Warrior Transition Unit if I would build a "wounded warrior" themed piece that will be presented to someone during our awards ceremony tomorrow. I agreed and had to build it quickly due to the tight time constraints and completed it Tuesday evening. It may not be my best work, but I think it turned out really well and has some special meaning to it. In the vignette, representations of Soldiers from the 36th Infantry Division of the Texas Army National Guard (the T-patch) and the 45th Infantry Division of the Oklahoma Army National Guard (the Thunderbird patch) symbolize the units from which the majority of the Soldiers in Fort Sill's WTU were from. There were other units represented here, but like I said, the majority were from the TXARNG and OKARNG. The figures are conversions of Bravo 6's B6-35024 US Navy SEALs (3) Vietnam. I sculpted in the ACU/Multicam uniform details as well as the body armor. The head of the wounded Soldier is the one that came with the kit. The Soldier carrying his wounded buddy received a head from Masterbox's 35170 "Man Down!" kit. His right arm, ACH, weapon, and pouches also came from this kit. I painted the figures using Reaper and Vallejo Acrylics. The groundwork is Magic Sculpt textured with an old toothbrush sparsely covered with sand and pebbles. This was then painted with several colors of acrylics. After this was dry, I used AK Interactive pigments to dusty up the uniforms in the knee, elbow, buttocks, boot area, and the back of the body armor.

I know there are no slings on the weapons like there normally would be. Like I mentioned earlier, I was on a time constraint. The First Sergeant is going to be placing the title plate on the wooden base.

100_2648.JPG

100_2649.JPG

100_2650.JPG

100_2651.JPG

100_2654.JPG

100_2655.JPG

100_2656.JPG

100_2657.JPG

100_2659.JPG

100_2660.JPG

100_2661.JPG

100_2662.JPG

Cheers,
James

You may not think its your best work, but its way better then anything I could have pulled off! Very nice work! Congrats!

Mike

Back