• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hydrocal

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
Wondering about the hardness of Hydrocal, will I be able to puncture a thin layer over a foam base or will it crack when I try to plant "grass"? Thanks in advance!

Hey MIKE ,

Th plaster may crack , as th foam board gives while you are trying to punch a hole in it , the plaster will not & more than likely crack when th foam boards gives ....

You could try to pre-Color th Plaster - Try th Craft Paint from Wal-Mart - It's cheap ... Mix th plaster with some water, get a good consistency & then add th Color that you want th ground to be. I would then insert th grasses into th damp plaster as it's drying on th base ????? :v

Just My $.02 ......

Get some Aves Apoxie sculpt instead. I have switched to this for all my ground work. It's like working with clay, but sets in an hour and can be sanded, drilled, etc.

Back