• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

how to photograph your figures

thanks for this howto giovanni! i'll try this for sure! ... but can't promise better results! :unsure:

Hi Laura,

Trust me, you will be amazed how different your pictures will look like with just the white balance set up correctly.

I'm looking forward to see you pics!

Have a look at the finished Dafadar on my other tread and tell me what you think.

Ciao

Giovanni

Giovanni,

With small objects like these little figures, the trick is to "narrow" the beam of light coming from the lamp.
Place some flags (two pieces of cardboard or anything to block the light)in front of the lamp in a "V" shape and narrow that beam to light up just the area you want and reduce the spilloff of light to the background and foreground.

Another thing, you can do the same using a mirror instead of adding a third light.
Just have the mirror bounce some light coming from the main light.

I hope this helps.
:ro:

Will defo try this and try to see how it goes.

have a look at the pictures in my Dafadar topic and tell me what you think.

Ciao

GIovanni

Giovanni,

Sorry, I am just now getting around to all your threads.

That project Simpatico took all my time!

Great article. There are a lot of good modelers that simply cannot photograph them.

Well done!

Bob

Giovanni,

Sorry, I am just now getting around to all your threads.

That project Simpatico took all my time!

Great article. There are a lot of good modelers that simply cannot photograph them.

Well done!

Bob

Thanks Bob,

I really hope this will really help someone!

Ciao

Giovanni

Back