• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

How to make welding seams

I like to use small diameter silver solder, CA it to the area, then score the "welds" with an Xacto blade. Running the back of the knife over the bead smooths it out, leaving the beads.

IMG_4751.JPG

IMG_4752.JPG

I have used styrene rod too, softened with liquid cement, then scored with the blade.

I use styrene rods and glue them where i want a weld seem, i then soften them with thin glue and press a round file into them to make the pattern, after it's dry i sand them off a little bit.
//Mats

I use stretched sprue glued down with liquid cement. After it's set, more cement to soften it, then texture
with an X-acto blade or dental pick. Did all the welds on this T-34 this way.

DSC00902-r.JPG

DSC00905-r.JPG

The fuel cans here are brass tubing. Glue the spue with C/A, light pass with sand paper
to break the glue coat, then the liquid treatment.

Mike

I like to use Magic Sculpt. Mix some up and roll into a worm shape. Stick it in where you
want your weld, then shape with a toothpick or other such thing. I like it because it cures
slowly and can be smoothed with a wet brush. Plus...you don't need to glue it on. The weld
I did is by the red part.

weld.jpg

Tom

Back