• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

HobbyTrax Newsletter "The Right Track" Vol 2 No 4

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
I received it by email and decided to make it public:

Hello once again from the folks at HobbyTrax.

The test builds are far enough along to indicate the first new releases. It has been a real learning experience for me. I am what you would call a "WWII guy". In our latest release we will be doing some modern hardware. The first release will include the following:T55,T62,M113A3,Stuart,Type 97 TE KE, and Type 2 KA MI.You didn't think they were all going to be modern did you? WWII guy......

I have found myself spending more time acquiring and researching modern era stuff. I know I will not become as familiar with the subject matter as I have been with WWII but we have had just too much input to ignore the subject matter.Besides who doesn't love the T55 and the T62? They have a sleekness all of their own. Then the M113. That particular piece has more variants for one chassis then Campbells has soup varieties! I will continue down this path for the next two release. We will sprinkle in some WWII with the modern.

Our latest release will include a new WWII subject that I have always had a soft spot for, Japanese Armor. The release of the Type 2 KA MI pushed me over the edge. If you have read any of the reviews and builds you know this kit is a thing of beauty.The kit has the DS vinyl track that has some of the finest detail yet. I also purchased the link to link and they are just as nice. The tool performed perfectly. Stay tuned for our web page update in our track tools tips section for some insight on forming the DS.

In addition there is a tool for the Type 97 TE KE. This is a FineMolds kit that has some of the smallest link to link track I have encountered yet.It made putting that piece together a piece of cake. I can't wait to spoil my hard work with a crappy paint job! The T55 and T62 are very similar. The tools did a fine job with the link to link as well as forming the vinyl track included in the Tamiya T55. There will also be some insights to follow on that forming as well.

We are adding a gallery section to our web site. Initially they will be our own pieces but would hope that some of you would send us pictures of your work showing us how the tool worked for you. They wouldn't have to be finished models. I think initially I will post some work in progress as well. No need to be shy, once my crap is out there you will not be inhibited in any way! It's a hobby.

At this time I don't have a definite date for this next release. Work is on going but we are very close. We will notify each of you with a news update upon their arrival. We have to update our web page as well. We will also be having a back to the bench sale. That will come with the news update as well. I have a plan for the YouTube video.........Do you guys watch that kind of stuff on other hobby sites? I will be showing our budget tool and how it can help our Fruli track builders. My test case will be a Japanese Type 97 using Fruli tracks.I told you I had a sft spot for Japanese armor.

We are still working on the new packaging. If you recall we have had some input that the adhesive used to keep the tool plates on the backing paper has caused some consternation. We will be eliminating that on all new releases. The packaging will remain the same for our existing inventories. Any luck at all and we can reduce the size of the packaging to influence the shipping costs in a positive way.Remains to be seen....

HobbyTrax was hoping to be at the up and coming Butch O'Hare show however I have a conflict with that date. We will definitely be at the AMPS 2012 in Auburn this coming April. We look forward to talking to all of our customers.Enjoy the rest of your nice weather and good luck with your next build!

I have reached the conclusion of this particular news letter.It is with great consternation that I must report another hacking of my web page.This past week-end 10/14 we were assaulted once again by slime wanting something for nothing.

We made changes to our web page the last time this happened that included going to a encrypted web site. Now the slime that want something for nothing have come between me and my customers once again. We have made the decision to keep the site up and running but have deactivated the PayPal option from within our web site. We are exploring the best option to prevent this happening again. The option that has worked in the past is communicating with our E mail your needs and we will manually send an invoice and payments can still be made using PayPal. I must learn how to submit a PayPal invoice which I am told isn't that complicated.This is a very busy time for us and now I have to change gears once again to fix this annoying problem.

To our customers that have been impacted by this recent assault we will send your orders out today so you don't have to wait for us to sort this out.As in the past, I can not let this assault come between me and my customers. I will communicate with each of you personally the status of your order.

Once we have fixed the latest problem we will be communicating with newsletter updates, theme sale announcements,and web page updates as they occur.Sorry for any inconvenience this latest round of slime incursion has caused.

Regards,

Back