• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hi and Help

Submariner 2021

Thank you for letting me into the group. Ive been facinated with the battle of the Atlantic, especially the topic of u boats. Years ago I bought the V!! c but never got round to it. I took modelling back up during the pandemic and have since expanded my collection to buy a variety of u boats and midget subs. I have become obssessed with details and am writing to ask if anyone knows where I can purchase upper pressure hull kits 1/72 and am also looking for 2ck flak gun and 2cm quadruple flak gun kits for u boats in 1/35 scale. I see Azimut produced these kits but the company doesnt seem to exist. Once again thank you

Welcome Submariner, glad to see you join us. Let me echo the others, please post some pics of your work.

Thank you for letting me into the group. Ive been facinated with the battle of the Atlantic, especially the topic of u boats. Years ago I bought the V!! c but never got round to it. I took modelling back up during the pandemic and have since expanded my collection to buy a variety of u boats and midget subs. I have become obssessed with details and am writing to ask if anyone knows where I can purchase upper pressure hull kits 1/72 and am also looking for 2ck flak gun and 2cm quadruple flak gun kits for u boats in 1/35 scale. I see Azimut produced these kits but the company doesnt seem to exist. Once again thank you

Permission granted, welcome aboard!

Please post any photos (in-progress is fine) so we can all see a starting point. You'll be surprised when you look back and see the progress made. ;)

Azimut is around, e-mail only and takes forever to receive. I have friends in Paris who go to the physical store and buy (or place orders) on my behalf. Glad to extend the favor, if needed.

Yankee Modelworks made the upper pressure hull but I don't know if they still do. Freetime Hobbies (of Butler, SC) does carry their line. You didn't state where you are from to find something local to you.

1620904007203.png

Regards,

Last edited:

Please post any photos (in-progress is fine) so we can all see a starting point. You'll be surprised when you look back and see the progress made. ;)

Azimut is around, e-mail only and takes forever to receive. I have friends in Paris who go to the physical store and buy (or place orders) on my behalf. Glad to extend the favor, if needed.

Yankee Modelworks made the upper pressure hull but I don't know if they still do. Freetime Hobbies (of Butler, SC) does carry their line. You didn't state where you are from to find something local to you.

View attachment 137704

Regards,
Hi Many thanks!! Do you have a link to their website? Ill check out that store you mentionned but to my knowledge they stopped producing this. Sorry I forgot to say I am from Wales - the land of the Red Dragon!!

View attachment 137704

Regards,
Thank you for the grerat offer. Could you ask them if the store has the 3.7cm flak gun and 2cm quadruple flak gun in 1/35 - I think both kits come with crews - for U boat/Schellboat? links for specs are here - https://www.modellbaustube.com/detail/azi2cm.htm and https://www.modellbaustube.com/detail/azi37cm.htm

Hi Many thanks!! Do you have a link to their website? Ill check out that store you mentionned but to my knowledge they stopped producing this. Sorry I forgot to say I am from Wales - the land of the Red Dragon!!
OK, they don't stock it at the moment and I don't see any stores with it. However, I found it in France on eBay under the original name of Blue Ridge Models, but the shipping is the same as the three resin parts! Please check the item number from your own browser as shipping may be different to the UK:

U boot boat type vii 1/72 upper pressure hull hull pressure no blue ridge yanke | eBay

My recommendation? Since Blue Ridge seems to refer to the Blue Ridge Mounts, Yankee to the US civil dispute of the 19th century, it may be that the molds to cast new sets are down South (as we say in the US).

Online Hobby Store | Modelling Kits Hobby Shop | Model Kits (freetimehobbies.com)

I've asked my Parisian friend to inquire at the shop.

Regards,

Back