• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Help with pots in the forums

Skinny_Mike

Hi - I'm pretty new here. Can anyone tell me wht my posts seem to hang off the edges of the forum window and how I can prevent that in the future?

Thanks
Mike

Hi Mike
Just checked your last post in the CTA thread and it looks fine ??
Check you are not zoomed in on your screen and as a rule of thumb always give html picture codes their own line, other than that i cant help. Maybe check you have your posts set with justify left above the emotions ?

Mike if that's the case I think you are using Internet Explorer, and an earlier version at that. Image scaling, if I recall correctly, does not work in IE 7, You should be in IE8 at the least or us Firefox for your internet browsing.

Hold down the control key and scroll your mouse wheel. It will zoom the page in and out. Pick your resolution!

Thanks guys! Yeah it's obviously my computer. I've checked on my phone, the wife's Mac and work. All looks fine there. I'll try upgrading my ie. Stupid Microsoft!!!!

Stupid Microsoft!!!!

No doubt!

I strongly suggest using Mozilla Firefox :mpup

I'm having the same problem plus text running off the right side. I guess that's because I'm using IE too. I had Mozilla Firefox and uninstalled it because it wouldn't allow me to access my computer until I updated Firefox. I like to make sure there are no bugs before I update anything. Once when Firefox was updating itself it lost all my bookmarks.

Cheers

Stupid Microsoft!!!!

No doubt!

I strongly suggest using Mozilla Firefox :mpup

I'm having the same problem plus text running off the right side. I guess that's because I'm using IE too. I had Mozilla Firefox and uninstalled it because it wouldn't allow me to access my computer until I updated Firefox. I like to make sure there are no bugs before I update anything. Once when Firefox was updating itself it lost all my bookmarks.

Cheers

I looked last night. I'm running IE9 and having the same problem with the text and photos running off the right side of the screen. But Firefox works fine, so I'll just use that instead. No worries, problem solved! Thanks for the help guys.

I have no problem reading posts, its only when I post a thread or reply to a thread that the right side disappears unless I use the spacer key to move it ahead but when I do the left side is no longer visable.
The suggestion by chuk does not solve the problem.

Matrixone

Just fired up IE9 and wow, the site looks really different here. Guess Microsoft has seen fit to change their "standards" again and some of the page is not rendering correctly. Looks like to me that the emoticon tool bar is what's causing it to not respect the borders of the frame.

I have plans on updating the site after the CTA campaign is complete so, to be blunt, I'm not going to waste time correcting this when the entire site will get a face lift in the near future.

I can only suggest using a standard browser like Firefox or even Chrome, though I've never tested in Chrome before.

Peter, not sure what to tell you about Firefox preventing you access to your computer, never seen that before.

Just fired up IE9 and wow, the site looks really different here. Guess Microsoft has seen fit to change their "standards" again and some of the page is not rendering correctly. Looks like to me that the emoticon tool bar is what's causing it to not respect the borders of the frame.

I have plans on updating the site after the CTA campaign is complete so, to be blunt, I'm not going to waste time correcting this when the entire site will get a face lift in the near future.

I can only suggest using a standard browser like Firefox or even Chrome, though I've never tested in Chrome before.

Peter, not sure what to tell you about Firefox preventing you access to your computer, never seen that before.

I can make do with the IE interface for now. It sure beats having no access at all. What Firefox was doing was upon starting the computer it would darken the screen and a window would open asking whether I wanted to update FF or not. I could click No a few times (sessions) when that happen but eventually Firefox refuse to allow access to the computer unless I clicked Yes. Really wird and darn annoying at times.

I'm just delighted to be back here again though and am looking forward to starting my Tamiya 25 pounder tomorrow.

Cheers

Back