• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hello to all, long time lurker, first time poster

I've been asked to introduce myself, so, here goes.
I've been an IPMS (Winnipeg, and Canada) member for almost 50 years, stash hoarder and builder for the same! (I seem to acquire at about a 15:1 ratio to building!)
5 years as a bush pilot in northern Canada, and an aircraft mechanic, lead, and airworthiness inspector for 25 years.
My main focus is aircraft, WW2 mostly, Canadian subjects, some Armour, and a few ships and subs.

A few of my recent Canadian subjects ...

Czech models 1/48 Goose
complete 1.jpg

Tamya 1/48 Beaufighter
image1.jpg

Classic Airframes 1/48 Blenhiem IV
Image14.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome again. Wow nice builds!
Can't wait to see some more builds. Your ratio is about like mine then.

5 years as a bush pilot in northern Canada, and an aircraft mechanic, lead, and airworthiness inspector for 25 years.
We had an buddy here who use to scratch build a lot of stuff out of beer cans and what not, Stoneboat. Haven't seen him in a while, can't recall his name, think it was James. He was a bush pilot also.

You guys have really great resources to pull from. :vgood:

Welcome to the forum! I guess my stash to build ratio is even larger than yours at the moment even though I did a BIG weed out 2 years ago and the last couple of years have been weeding out a storage building in another state, and weeding out the stuff I brought back here. Making progress on all that though and am working on the Hobby shop this weekend. Hopefully once it gets cold out I can build and be happy with doing not much else.

Welcome aboard. Some great looking builds. My buy to build is way out there also. Looking forward to seeing more.
James

Welcome! These guys really know their stuff. I don't yet, so I am still the Padawan here :) Your planes are VERY nice!

Back