• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Haynes manual

Sure do. They used to be for car repair but now I think they are doing references for airplanes and other things.

Ok thats interesting, i have their owners manual for the Spitfire :) and just ordered their manual for the Lynx Helicopter...Only £7.00 GBP :) Might help me with my next project.

I have a Dyke's Auto Repair Manual (on loan to a friend, I'm holding some tools of his for ransom!) from the 30's. Has a complete section on aircraft engines, and another section on how to overhaul a Cadillac V-16. What a treasure. If you need to rebuild a lead acid battery, how to do it is in there. Motor's Repair manuals were another good one, but I think they were 50's and 60's.

Dad had a huge Chilton book for Chevys. I think it was up to '69? I can remember reading through it for hours. We got so good at IDing year models because of that book, it was funny.
They really are great resources. The painting tips not so much... :ro:

160 colour pages of up close detail :)
DSC_1525.JPG
DSC_1527.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Technical Order, manuals. It was the books we used to tell us how to maintain things. TO- ## I can't remember the nomenclature now. I seem to remember a Dash 30? @errains Eric might have better memory.

Technical Order. U S Army manual numbers all start with T.O. TM-55-1520-206-10 is the operator's manual for the OH-23D, F, and G. The last number referred to the level of maintenance. A -20 was what the organization (unit) was tasked to do. I think -50 was the Overhaul level, can't remember the -30.

The vehicle ones are pretty good, but things like the "Lancaster owners handbook" and "Space shuttle owners handbook" are tongue in cheek :)
I rebuilt a few motorcycle engines using these back in the day. Still pretty good for detail up close for model makers all the same.

Back