• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasegawa 1/48 HS 129-B3

Cool concept Phil! (y) (y) Can you get the rod higher up in the canopy? I think it might look a little more realistic if you could.

Very cool idea for the presentation... Reminds me A LOT of this series of photos, from the JAWS test flights.

h6419c61.jpg

Looking forward to watching this unfold. :popcorn

Ian.

Very cool idea for the presentation... Reminds me A LOT of this series of photos, from the JAWS test flights.

h6419c61.jpg

Looking forward to watching this unfold. :popcorn

Ian.
That pilot's drunk isn't he?

It's going to faaaaaaaall Phil! Only kidding looks like a great idea B)

Cheers guys,

Cool concept Phil! (y) (y) Can you get the rod higher up in the canopy? I think it might look a little more realistic if you could.

I could of Dave, but the rod is firmly set in CA glue inside the wing, plus it would sit taller than the space I have for it when it's finished.

Makes me think of a pilot's quote in days of old " There are no old bold pilots " :pilot

Cheers, Christian B)

Hahaha! works for me Christian! :good:

he has to be nuts!!! That's some fancy flyin'

would fit right in here, "lower than a snake's belly"

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=lower+than+a+snakes+belly&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&gfe_rd=cr&ei=CkKCVO2TB87u8wfjoIBY

It's going to faaaaaaaall Phil! Only kidding looks like a great idea B)

Have a little faith baby, have a little faith!!

Fast forward - splinter camo done,touch ups done, now gloss coated (not shown), last of the parts to be fitted then decals next, cowlings just blu tacked on

DSC_2222h.jpg~original

DSC_2221h.jpg~original

DSC_2223h.jpg~original

DSC_2226h.jpg~original

DSC_2227h.jpg~original

DSC_2220h.jpg~original

Gloss coated then kit decals used with Future under and over, no problems at all with them.

Flatcoat next up then onto the final parts.

DSC_2260x1.jpg~original

DSC_2261x1.jpg~original

DSC_2263x1.jpg~original

DSC_2265x1.jpg~original

DSC_2267x1.jpg~original

The base ready for ground cover,will do that in the next couple of days
DSC_2275x1.jpg~original

Maybe add this and call it ''Not worth the shot! "

DSC_1964a.jpg~original

My second entry for the CTA II GB.

If anyone attempts this kit, pay close attention to the canopy section, this needs some thought as it is a touch to narrow at the top making it extremely hard to glue to the fuselage.
You could cut/sand away some plastic where the rear painted area of the canopy fits(if posed closed)as you would not see there.

All in all a nice kit to build.

DSC_2311x2.jpg~original

DSC_2356x2.jpg~original

DSC_2349x2.jpg~original

DSC_2391a.jpg~original

DSC_2394b.jpg~original

DSC_2396a.jpg~original

DSC_2397a.jpg~original

DSC_2399a.jpg~original

DSC_2400a.jpg~original

DSC_2403a.jpg~original

DSC_2404a.jpg~original