• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasegawa 1/48 F-22 Raptor Gift to Grandson

dollar19

I had this kit given to me a year or so ago. After some examination I found almost all the cockpit parts were missing. Apparently the original owner had made a start on it and forgot to put those parts back in the box. Oh well, a big box of plastic that I just wasn't too interested in.

Now my 2 1/2 grandson has discovered cars trucks and airplanes. When he visits us or we keep him overnight, he will stand in front of my display case and repeat over and over, " Air-pane, Boo (blue) air pane and big air pane
So out came the Raptor. I just basically threw it together. gear up, weapons bays closed up, no external anything. For obvious reasons. He will end up playing with it... and breaking it so the fewer small parts the better. My daughter and I agree that it starts out as a ceiling hanger for now, but we both assume that will be short lived. What little boy can resist playing with a model airpane?

So here's some quick shots of what may not last the next hour! :)

holdens%20airplane%20001.jpg

holdens%20airplane%20003.jpg

holdens%20airplane%20002.jpg

holdens%20airplane%20004.jpg
holdens%20airplane%20003.jpg

holdens%20airplane%20005.jpg

He's 2.5!? Wow, hell getting old ain't it gramps? :eek:ldguy

Great idea, I gave one to one of my nephews a while back and haven't seen it since. No telling what happened to it but I understand he's building some so maybe a new spark. (y)

Back