• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Guess what I just got

There are several ways to paint that helmet.
You can paint it in a dark metal color,field grey,a dark yellow,
or dark yellow with redbrown/olivegreen patches.

Are you sure it is original?there are many copy's from German helmets around.

Don't know if you can get decals for this one....

greetings,Ron.

Don't know if you can get decals for this one....

I do!

Click me to buy decals for Wehrmacht or SS for $9USD a set. If you do a search on Amazon.com for "German Helmet Decals" you will find them for less than $3USD a set which is less than $8USD with shipping.

Also on Amazon are Luftwaffe decals but I have not seen Kriegsmarine decals yet.

Regards,

Hang about ! $30 wow what a result !

Is this a real German helmet and if so what condition is it in ?

Can we have some pictures please :)

Hold fire with the repainting just for now as it could ruin its value !

Ron, no idea for sure. It's black, brush painted. over dk. yellow. The liner, chin strap is pretty rough, but appears to be complete.

Saul, Cool thanks!!!

Hi,Gene.

There is a site called; Vetbringback.com

MUCH information on ww2 German helmets!!!

[sorry,I am not able to give you a link right now...but...maybe...someone else????]

Greetings,Ron.

Ron,

I see you downloaded the site to your computer. Unfortunately, linking to your computer won't work for most people. So here is the link:

http://Vetbringback.com

Nice find Ron!

Gene, navigate to the German helmets.

Regards,

You know Gene...I know a dutch militaria merchant,who sells 'made in China' copy's,
as 'original' German.... :evil:
Be aware of those people!!!

On the site I found,and Saul kindly made 'clickabel',You can learn about,what's
original and what's not!
Just go to the REFERENCE section,and navigate to the german helmets.
Just read what they are saying,so you WILL find out if yours is original or not.
Hope this helps.

Greetings,Ron.

Hang about ! $30 wow what a result !

Is this a real German helmet and if so what condition is it in ?

Can we have some pictures please :)

Hold fire with the repainting just for now as it could ruin its value !

Can you get a picture for us,Gene?
Would love to see it!

By the way,I made Vetbringback.com a bookmark on my computer!
I didn't know the Germans used also concrete and sawdust mixed with paint,to camouflage
there helmets! :woohoo:
Maybe someday,I like to simulate that FX on a model!!!

Greetings,Ron.

Pictures first before ANY painting is to be done. At worst you could have a post war item, at best it could be a very nice original with correct paint (possibly SS or Norwegian) and worth a few dollars.

Great if you could Gene,.... now If I know the bro like I do he will need outside pics and pics of any interior markings, stampings and the helmet liner if it has one.

If you are still looking for decals or would like a helmet cover to put on it, try www.atthefront.com He has been in business for many years and won't sell reproduction items as originals. The owner is a bit quirky at times (just read through the site), but he doesn't rip people off....Enjoy your helmet, I've had my original M42 with helmet cover for close to twenty years and it looks good on my shelves.

Back