• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Greetings! New to the site, but not to the subjects!

Lawman56

Let me briefly introduce myself, my name is Joe and have been building models and/or dioramas for the last 40+ years. I took a hiatus from 1985-1995 while I served on active duty with the US Army stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC. Stationed is a relative term, as we seemed to spend more time deployed to other countries!

I was bitten by the model building bug thanks to my uncle. He lived and worked in NY City and when he would visit us upstate in the Adirondacks, he never failed to bring me whatever new offerings Tamiya had come out with. (He also got me in to HO model railroading, but that's for another time). Around 1983ish he brought with him not only a few models, but Shep Paine's How To Build Dioramas. That book essentially sealed my fate. To this day I rarely look at a kit without devising a diorama for it. I build for the fun and the challenge of creating a dio as well as a catchy title that ties either into the name of the equipment or the action depicted. Since roughly 2010 I've been focused on either 1/35 armor or 1/32 aircraft as my scale of choice. Eventually I will try my hand at some 75mm to 120mm figures as well as few naval subjects.

I've kept most of the dioramas I've built since 2015 or given a few to friends that really liked them with 3 exceptions. I built one for the TV show "Last Man Standing" as well as 2 that were built on commission for the 73rd Cav Regt. at Ft. Bragg depicting regimental history in the battle for Cassino and a replica of the Regimental Sgt. Maj's M551 Sheridan in Desert Storm.

I'm currently ending my final semester in college, so once finals are over I will attempt to coerce this laptop into cooperating to post a few pictures.

Thanks for having me!

Joe

Welcome to MA Joe! Looking forward to seeing your builds!

We have a good group here and several are well known in the diorama field. Look around and enjoy. Glad you are here!

Welcome aboard Joe. I'm Bob, several of us have ventured over to the Fayetteville show from time to time and I always commented on how well done some of the SOS based subjects were done. There was a MH 47 that was so tricked out I vowed to never attempt a modern chopper in my life. So much intimate details all the way down to the Yeti cooler and pinups.

depicting regimental history in the battle for Cassino
Wow, I'm reading (listening) Day of Battle right now and it's just at the start of the battle.

Can't wait to see your builds!

And Thank You for your service :salute:

Now there's a familiar name! Welcome Joe, and I'm glad to see you back into it again. Your models and dioramas have always been a thrill to see.
Looking forward to seeing your work again.

Back