• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gogmagog, Ypres, October 1917

Jeeves

For a bit of an idea of the previous chapter in my "other world", please check out:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Passchendaele, Ypres Saliant, Belgium

Much had happened in the year since the British had disabled the German trench walker prototype in a massive artillery barrage during the Battle of the Somme in the summer of '16. The same barrage had fortunately taken out the workshop, design plans, and the designer Erich Eisenfaust. Any armor designs from the German side would be pushed back years with the loss of his great imagination and innovative designs.

A Mk. I tank at the Somme was able to tow the walker back to the British trenches where it could be examined thoroughly. The British armor evolved to the Mk. IV of the present, but trench warfare hadn't changed much. As the summer turned to fall in the Ypres Saliant, the going for armor got tough. German artillery destroyed the regions drainage, and this paired with the heavy rains that were occuring created swamp-like environs that severely hampered the operations of the Mk. IV tanks. After combat at places like Polygon Wood and Black Watch Corner, the Third Battle of Ypres would continue until November of '17.

Enter GOGMAGOG, named for the giant from Welsh and British mythology. Close examination of the German walker bore fruit at Metropolitan and Coventry Ordnance Works as designers were able to overhaul and upgrade the walker to better suit the current conditions of combat. The new machine might be able to slog through the mud better than the Mk. IVs were doing...but they needed a proving grounds- and the wet fields of Passchendaele would be the ultimate test.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I will use another of the excellent Ma.K kits for the new walker, as well as the Takom Mk. IV Female tank kit and some excellent Master Box figures for the scene...
IMG_20200707_140427877_HDR_copy_600x800.jpg

Hey guys...

Thanks for the comments.

This hybrid school thing is kicking my butt...I'm planning two sets of lessons every day while trying to convert everything I do to digital. I really hate that they're sending Flash away in December...almost anything I'm finding to do with the remote kids is Flash-based.

Very little time for the bench as of late...but hopefully I'll get to this again soon.

This hybrid school thing is kicking my butt...

It is either that or live at school... full remote is proving to not be as effective in all areas where it was tested. If needed, I will ask Mike if we should extend this campaign. I am doing the remote teaching for providers as well as my hospital and am now taking remote classes for certification. Not the same at all and it does kick my butt mentally.

Regards,

Last edited:
I have had to sub a couple of times with the whole split concept things. Most kids just don't log into Zoom... they go to google classroom and do the assignments. This is not working well, anywhere.
:bash:

It's not an ideal solution...but nothing about any of this is ideal. Giving tests is proving especially challenging- especially in my AP Bio class where I'm forced to use a lockdown browser to give the test and it blocks kids from even attempting to take the test.

It's not an ideal solution...but nothing about any of this is ideal. Giving tests is proving especially challenging- especially in my AP Bio class where I'm forced to use a lockdown browser to give the test and it blocks kids from even attempting to take the test.

It certainly isn't the same as in class learning. We have been fortunate here in our province that we have so few cases. The kids have been back in school since September and it has really helped them. I know all the Zoom and MS Teams meetings online for work have been challenging. I really feel for any teacher in this situation. Having to re-do all your lesson plans to digital must be a huge pain in the rear!

Yup...we've been here also since Sept
...half the kids are in school Mon and Tues...all virtual Wed...and the other half in school Thur and Fri....when they aren't in school they're remote, so I have to have something planned for both groups and can't keep the home group on for the whole 80 minutes....it's a nightmare

I see it every day as a sub. Today I had a grand total of 19 kids in class. There were 27 virtual students, but they worked out of Google Chrome. I had a long term gig last year when this whole thing started. We used Google Classroom and Zoom for classes and work. It just isn't the same.

My grand-daughter has taken her first 9 wks through something called Apex. My daughter gas nothing good to say about it. She started the virtual/in-class schedule next week. Trouble is, the kids that didn't take Apex are about 2 weeks ahead of her, so we are doing a marathon session tomorrow and Sunday. Neolithic to Rome, in two days. Ugh the caveman to Nero... should be "interesting."

Back