• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

German Mechanics hand tools color ?

panzerace007

Hey Everybody,

I'm planning a diorama & was wondering if any one knew the color of the hand tools the Germans used. I know these days that they are Chrome Plated but were they plated in th 40's ?

Thanx in Advance !

ERIK

Just a polished metal color. I don't know about chrome plate. Maybe?

Terry B)

all the old tools I have from my Granddad and others are just polished metal. No chrome to be found and some may or may not have been painted.

I would go with various shades of steel and dare someone to call me on it. :mpup

MOONIE & T ,

That's what I was thinking. I might hit it with a Burnt Umber or maybe the German Black/Brown Cammo. I have a crescent wrench from MY Grandfather & that has a Black/Brown patina to it.

Thanx Guys. I'll post th pix etc. as I get done.

ERIK

I would go with iron, steel etc and lightly oiled so a bit of a gloss. Or painted grey or black. I'll see if I have any good pics.
James

I hadn't looked all th way down th list yet. I see the Tool standard was pretty much th norm around th World !!

ERIK

Back