• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gaz 39371

jknaus

Administrator
From Wiki "GAZ Vodnik, Russian: Водник, (Automotive number GAZ-3937 and its modified version GAZ-39371) is a Russian high-mobility multipurpose military vehicle manufactured by GAZ. It is a heavy modification of the civil GAZ-2330 "Tigr". Its name comes from the Russian "водник" – a person employed in water transport, but is also used to refer to some object related to water.

In service at the Russian Ministry of Defence from 2005"

DSC05347.JPG

James

Oohh nice. An armoured UPS van !!

Seriusly, nice subject James and another that I didn't know anything about. Will be following closely.

Ian.

An Urban Assault vehicle for RVing in the most hostile locations :rotf

Not quite as nicely appointed as this one from Stripes.

EM50-UAV-300x196.jpg

James

Well got a bit of modeling in. The kit isnt too bad but does have some short comings. One of the is the forward cab. The driver sits in tandem with another crew man. Behind him sits the commander. The cab is sectioned off correctly, but there is no commanders seat. Also there is some tactical lighting and radio equipment, first aid box, etc that are not included. The walls look like they should have a ballistic blanket or something like it, but that is not shown. With the cab body installed though you cant see anything in there so it wont be a problem for how this will be displayed. If you make one and want it done properly though you will have to scratch build.
I am buttoning this all up so did not bother putting the interior in the back. Now its basically small bits, suspension and wheels left to do.

DSC05351.JPG

DSC05350.JPG

DSC05349.JPG

James

Well despite spending a lot of time with a heating pad I got in a bit of modeling time which proved very productive. If you get this kit I suggest that instead of building each suspension unit when called for, you instead build them as needed.I found it particularly easy to build in situ rather than as a unit and then place. I would leave the mud flaps off next time until the wheels are on. As I am painting the wheels separately this is going to be problematic. I did not do the fighting compartment interior so a lot of time was saved here. Also the gun barrel is just sitting there and not glued yet for ease of painting.
So just a few small things left and its ready for the paint shop.

DSC05352.JPG

DSC05353.JPG

DSC05354.JPG

DSC05355.JPG

James

No ............ S^&%4 !!! ......... I nearly missed it ..... excellent work James ..... I must have been in the Twilight Zone ....... Excellent job on construction .... :popcorn

Back