• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gator's maritime builds

One more thing, don't buy the BS that Clive Cussle discovered the Hunley. All he did was hired some guys to go to the SC State Archives and looked up Dr. E. Lee Spence claims he had filed with the state attempting to lay claim to the salvage rights. All Cussler's people did was run a magnetometer over the spot Spence marked. Then come up and take all the glory.

You know that Hunley's previous sub is somewhere on the bottom of the Mobile Bay? It was flooded while being towed and they lost it then, never did recover it. No souls were lost on that sinking and I do not believe anyone has attempted to find that early sub. The first was sold by yankees as scrap iron in New Orleans, they mistook it for a boiler.

Sorry, like I said, the Hunley strikes a chord with me.

Dang I missed all this but I only have about 2 hrs in the evening to either check in on the forums or model or eat. Usually eating is the one that gets axed :lol:

Great looking models :notworthy I to love the David. The water plumes on the Sturmboot Display is very very well done too!

On my list to do are the Hunley, Monitor, Virginia and the Union's Choctaw. The Choctaw was a under armed sidewheeler but had a very menacing look. Sorta like my Boxer, it's bark was alot bigger than it's bite :)

Cussler found the location of a few wrecks from the comfort of his office. The Hunley was actually located before they knew it was the Hunley but it was mistaken for something else. Wasn't till a later seach over the same area they realized it was what they were looking for :eek:hmy:

Back