• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Garlits Drag Racing Museum

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
Another museum my daughter spotted on the trip to Miami in November was the Don Garlits Drag Racing Museum. So on the way home we took an hour break and did a fast tour. I could have spent a couple days there, easy. Took general pictures of some of the items on display, yes top fuel is King. There a number classic cars, moonshine cars, Gassers, Super Stock, Pro Stock, engine displays and an old garage diorama. There were about half a dozen cars I have seen run at Bandimere raceway. I recommend the museum to any drag racing fan. I made an album in my media.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Yes there is even a plane on a stick

So much history, I followed it all in the 60's and 70's. I think I still have the Hot Rod Magazine with Big Daddy on the cover with the rear engine rail and remember when the 200 mph barrier was broken. Those were the days, thanks for sharing! :good:

Last edited:
Reminds me of the time I visited Jim Greene's shop a few years back for a Mustang club Christmas party. Ford Cammers everywhere. :blink

Highlight of the night was when they lit off the tractor pull tractor at 9:30 at night in the parking lot.....in all it's tri-Boss 429 glory (punched and blown of course). :tens:

Back