• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Game vs Reali9ty

jknaus

Administrator
Okay playing a new simulator game, American Trucker. Its kind of addicting and relaxing except for the stupid NPV drivers who drive like crap. Now I have a question about reality. Just north of Yuma on highway 95 there is an army base which I didnt get the name of. It looks lioke it has 2 dismounted atomic Cannons as gate guards. Anyone know what the base is and what guns are sitting at the entrance? Also I think it was Yuma but maybe a different city around there ha some Nikes on the side of the highway. Does anyone know what memorial or whatever they are part of? Now I just need to find the town I passed through that has a Scorpion on a stick and find out what thats about also.
Thanks in advance.
James

Probably the Yuma Proving Grounds James.
I think that's where they did some nuke testing also.

Yeah those simulators can be addictive. I think about the time I spent in Falcon3 and MS Flight Sims...and all the Janes titles.
Cool, thanks. Yeah I have only done flight sims. Tried this and its a nice break from Command and Conquer and Skyrim. Seeing parts of the States I have never been. The Texas map is to be released on the 15th and looking forward to adding it. Of course I have heard that B-17 is being updated and re released and I am more than likely going to get it as I loved that sim way back when.
James

You called it Bob. And yes it the Atomic Canons.
1667941680108.png

So James are you a Merle Haggard Movin' on Trucker

Or Jerry Reed East Bound and Down driver?

🚚

Except for getting beat up by his buddy Burt Reynolds at the end of "Gator", didja ever see Jerry Reed do anything with seeming to have a really good time while he was doing it?

not to totally hijack this but I saw somewhere Jerry Reed doing a one man stage show where he's an old guy reminiscing about his life, think he was down on his luck song writer but I can't find it. It really showed the range of acting he had. Wish I could find it again.

Back