• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fokker D VII mit Lozenge Camo

Greg Mix

I started putting the Eagle Strike four color Lozenge Camo on this old Monogram Fokker D-VII kit as an exercise leading up to a build of the Roden Gotha V mit Nach Lozenge and the Wing Nut's LVG C.VI. So far it's been going well. I've learned a good deal about applying large areas of decal film. Glad that I started with this kit instead of the Gotha Monster! The reinforcing strips are a pain to get straight. You can come back and re-wet them, however then move them around. Don't put the setting solution on them until you are sure they're right.

I picked this aircraft because it had the least obtrusive markings, a simple yellow nose and tail.

The Pilot was Carl August Schonebeck, C.O. of the yellow nosed Jagstaffel 33. As one of Richtofen's students he went on the command the 33rd and survived the war. No mean feat in itself! He died in 1989, the last survivor of the Richtofen Geschwader.

I did not have the stencil shown on the aircraft's sides so I made one in my VectorWorks CAD program (see below). Much searching for fonts ensued.

I made the "White 7" by cutting strips of white decal film. It took two layers to cover the yellow.

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0021-1.jpg

AugustinCockpit.jpg

AugustsPlaneSideView.jpg

Stencil.jpg

Back