• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Flakpanzer V - Coelian Prototype

Viper_MP

Well, I have been absent for a while... so now that I have returned I thought I would share my latest project, even though it is complete.

I picked up a pair of Coelians recently, and decided to do them as Coelian #1 and #2. For a bit of history, the Coelian was a design that put two 37mm flak guns in a powered, enclosed turret mounted on a panther chassis. The vehicle never made it past the wood mock up phase. So for my first Coelian, I wanted to go just past the mock up. I decided on a heavily weathered Panther hull, with a rather fresh turret. Up until the last 24 hours, I wasnt totally sure where the turret was going, until I saw a post here [you guys can guess which one. lol]. The hull has a lot of rust and weathering, and the entire underside and the backs of the wheels, under the fenders, and some other surfaces have dirt and grime. Most of the hulls used for something like the Coelian would have been rinsed off when they were brought into the factory. So most areas would be relatively clean, with other areas retaining the dirt. The turret was only lightly weathered. I gave it the vehicle #1 and for the turret date, well... we'll see who gets it.

Anyway, on with the pics...

DSCN3737.JPG

DSCN3738.JPG

DSCN3739.JPG

DSCN3740.JPG

DSCN3741.JPG

DSCN3742.JPG

DSCN3743.JPG

I also have a Sturmtiger that will have a similar look once finished.

Dang man, its looking beautiful. If you take that to Rochester I am staying home. Just kidding.

Joe

PS: how much did Ed have to do with it?

Yes, its going to Rochester. And HE did not touch it.

Oh, and I forgot to mention...this is the straight from the box Dragon kit [with smart tracks]. The other Coelian got the accurate armor turret and double PE set.

Where have I seen that red primer before? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You can be VERY proud of your work. I really love the overall final look of your Jabo-hunter. Your red primer color is very nice. The hull is very nicely weathered.

I just miss some (dark) dirt all over the turret. In my reference pictures of vehicles in the factories at the end of the world, the vehicles under construction were always full of dirt, dust and grease. :cheer: Just up to you! (natural shade oil highly thinned applied in transparencies is a good choice for this)

These fresh off the floor Panzers seem to be multiplying, nice work Rob.

Interesting design, you would think this late in the war, with the knowledge of the slopped armor they already had, that the armor side would be slopped also, that makes a really fat target for Pershing crews.

Viper great to have you back!! The Flakpanzer looks just great!!

Terry B)

Back