• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fantastic New!

Nice looking room! Those canted walls woill be a bit of an issue when it comes to shelves though. Still, I know you got this. Congrats on getting yourself a Man Cave!

Two more days and I will be back in business. Just have to dispose of a ton of trash and organize the stuff. I bought a bin rack for the paints and am using pre-existing racks for work stuff... The problem is: What to do FIRST? I have the Squadron T-6 boxing with decals for something like 6 kits... That could be interesting. Maybe a F4F-4 since we are doing an Academy build at my IPMS? That's it! I have a couple so this will be fun!

:nopics:

So here are the pics!
booth.jpg
desk.jpg
IMG_0522.jpg
IMG_0523.jpg

Spray area, Work Space, 1/72 stash/paints, 1/48 & 1/32 stash with more kits above the spray booth. Under the main stash is a built-in chest of drawers with storage bins, extra paints, and general supplies. I am still in need of a real chair!

The 1/72 F4F-4 is my next kit... an easy one after 5 months off

Ki-100.jpg

And so it begins, Arii's 1/48 scale Ki-100. A cheap and easy to build kit to get the fluids flowing. I have a back story, one that I floated in here years ago, but fell into the ever possible funk, and never went forward. I'm not going to try to find the story, just make up a new one.

I'll open a separate thread for that. Meanwhile, tomorrow we get new carpet in the attic and guess who's room is full on sheeeee-ite?

I have a really good secretary chair in the work room that I inherited from my late wife. The seat and back are well made and have excellent material on them. It has worked extremely well over the last 20 years. I found another good quality chair similar to the Sec chair but with arms at a garage sale for $20 and it is at the computer station. Both will probably outlast me.

SWMBO wants me to use a very old pre-color TV secretary's chair she refuses to get rid of, "It's still a good chair!" (so why isn't she using it?)

My space is limited, so I'm gonna have to shop around. One of my SIL (Son-In-Law) has a gaming chair and it is too
big for the room. I also have my eye on a counter height workbench, with storage, for the spray booth. (More storage! Must have more Storage)

Meanwhile, there are models to be built! bookshelves to be moved and filled and Christmas decorations to be put up!!!!! 🎅

LOL! I have an old office chair in my hobby room that I picked up when someone put it next to the dumpster. It looked in perfect shape so I brought it in. That was some time ago; it has, and continues to, serve me well. I doubt I could get it out again if I needed to though.

Back