• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fantastic New!

Barney

In May we decided that to accommodate my back and spine difficulties (Stenosis in the C5-7) we would sell the house and find someplace that would fit our needs of a BDRM and Bath on the first floor (that just ain't available in Lakewood, OH) (IO). We have showed the house 100 times and not even a lowball offer. We have done everything we were supposed to, even burying St. Joseph in the front yard! Nada

Last week, just off the top of my head, I suggested building an addition. SWMBO took off with the idea, designed an addition in an APP and today our Broker released us from our contract. YEAH!!!!!!!!!

I get the man closet back! I can set everything where I want it. No more just framing crap into my space. My Books! My Models and goodies!!!!! minemineminemine.... we will move SWMBO's sewing room into the attic and me back into my room.

We already have an estimate for the addition... O U C H :bash:

Let the building begin (I really got to get a compressor, now) !!!!!!!!!!

Awesome news except for the cost. i'm willinf to bet the lack of stress will make you feel better physically also :)
James

ja ja.jpg

Glad to hear you figured out a plan Barney. Too bad the market is as it is.
Every other Century home in our town sells in a matter of days. We are convinced that God wants us to stay here, so we shall. Heck, we even buried St. Joseph in our front yard!

Just got a new Air Compressor. .5 HP, 3 Gal. Tank and super quiet... cant wait to set it up!

Carpet to be installed in the attic in 2 weeks... 3 weeks to modeling! I am excited.

Great new Barney.
It will be a glorious day when you both are back doing what you enjoy.

thats good to hear, fingers crossed ... rebuilding an house thats what I've done since the move ... and it will go on

image0.jpeg

The floor in the Man Closet is done! Shelves are up on one wall and tomorrow there will be tables and the spray equipment. This is so exciting! I'm going to have a styrenegasim.

Back