• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F35 paint

paddy

Always keen to throw a cat amongst the pigeons :) last night i spent an interesting couple of hours researching F35 paint colours,
This lead to the size of the radar signature the surface shape and surface finish the latter has been widely improved recently on the F16
The internet is awash with hundreds of paint codes but the reality seems to be its a finish that is very much dependant on the light and year of production ( like early slam panels masking's are way more pronounced than later models).
the closest i have come top a definitive colour scheme so far is MRP A065 and MRP 280 have glass.
A quote i find fascinating is...........

The Royal Navy’s experience during the Falklands War. As the Task Force exercised while it sailed south, it became clear that there was a significant disparity between the RCS ( radar sig) of different individual Sea Harrier airframes. Investigation revealed that this disparity was down to the amount of WD-40 (a spray oil used to repel moisture and inhibit corrosion) applied to the aircraft. Paint contaminated by WD-40 was found to be more reflective of radar energy.

TBH there are so many opinions......good luck trying to find the definitive.

j98hikP (1).jpg

The police over here use hand held radar guns to clock speeds in restricted areas so i have made my car a little more stealthy by removing all traces of WD40.

Back